The Technical Committee of the Gauge O Guild is pleased to announce, in association with Minerva Model Railways and Intentio, that at Guildex 2020 we will introduce a competition for the best small 7 mm scale layout. Minerva are offering a model locomotive to the winning entry and a pair of wagons to the runner up and Intentio a laser cut building, up to £250, to the winner.
Guild members and non-members can enter. Any scratch, kit built or RTR items are eligible. Part finished layouts are also welcome.
Further details are available from the Guild’s website here.|
• Entrants must enter via the Guild’s website before 31st January 2020.
• Guild members and non-members can enter.
• Any scratch, kit built or RTR items are eligible.
• Part finished layouts are welcome.
• Entries must not be bigger than 20 sq.ft., and can be entered in the competition only once.
• Due to space restrictions the maximum number of entries will be limited to 5. In addition to completing an online entry, pictures of the layout to allow judges to select the 5 entries must then be posted on one of the following:
* Western Thunder Layout Competition thread
* GOG Forum Layout Competition thread
* RMWeb Layout Competition thread
* O Gauge/Scale Modellers Facebook page.
• Tables and/or power will be available on request.
• Successful entries will be informed by 28th February 2020.
• Entries must be fully in place and working by 10.30 am on the first day of the exhibition and the layout must remain until the end of the exhibition at 4 pm on Sunday afternoon. Entrants will be allowed access to the exhibition hall from 7 am on the first day of the exhibition.
• The Guild will provide one night’s accommodation per entry, on the Saturday night, and free car parking for the weekend. Full details will be provided by the competition manager.
• Layouts will be covered by Guild insurance. The estimated value must be confirmed at time of entry.
• Judging will take place at 11am on the Saturday of Guildex, and results will be announced at 4pm on the same day. The judges’ decision is final.